DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Phelps-a-merrific-a-some

posted by Evan Jake at 8:21 AM

These Olympics have been on so late at night, I haven't been allowed to stay up and watch any of Michael Phelps's's races. That's me and Sarah sitting on the sofa watching the early morning recap of the 10m women's air pistol competition. Wow, how exciting. But living here in a Baltimore, it's been impossible to avoid the Phelps-mania-craze-fest-extravaganza-palooza -- no matter what time you go to bed.

This week when my camp class went to the pool, Phelps was all everyone was talking about. Have you ever seen a two-year old try to swim the butterfly? The thing is, I might actually be really good at swimming if I wasn't so terrified of going in the water myself. Plus, you would never catch me dead in one of those tiny bathing suits. I don't see any way my swimmy diaper will fit under one of those.

Everyone around here is so proud of Michael Phelps. Heck, he grew up swimming just down the street from our house. Daddy took me down there this week to show me the pool where he used to train. But I was really more interested in the ice cream shop across the street. I bet Michael Phelps needs lots of ice cream to swim that fast. I wonder if he likes chocolate sprinkles or rainbow sprinkles. I had both just to be sure.

I might not be the next Michael Phelps, I just want to be the first Evan Jake. Well, maybe I can be an Olympian some day. If they ever make Play-Doh an Olympic event, I should be the odds-on favorite.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters