DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Monday, August 04, 2008

A Little Off the Top

posted by Evan Jake at 7:46 PM

I got my hair cut this weekend. My little cousin Drew didn't have it quite so easy.

That's me in the picture sporting my new trim. Aren't I cute? I sat really still and was a good boy the whole time. Except for when the lady tickled my neck with those buzzers. Who can sit still for that?! But that little tickle was nothing compared to what my brave cousin had to go through.

Daddy took me to get my hair cut because this was a special weekend for the family. We all drove up to see our new cousin Drew. He's brand new. Newer than my little sister Sarah.

When we got to my cousin's house, this man arrived. He said he was the mohel. "Uh, oh," I said to myself. I remember what this guy is all about. I pretended like I wanted to play outside and made a b-line for the door. I wasn't going to let him anywhere near me.

But before the mohel got to work on my cousin, he first wanted to do something to my sister Sarah. Hey, hands off her! She's a girl, can't you tell? She's wearing pink!! Oh, he just wanted to say a special blessing to give her her name. I bet he thought he was being all original by saying that he was giving her the name "Sarah Gill." What a dope. She already had that name for like six weeks. Dummy. He could have asked me. I could have told you that!

Then the mohel went to business on my cousin. He did his thing and the whole ordeal was over before I could make it across state lines. Turns out I couldn't leave anyway. I had left my precious "luvie" in their house and had to go back in to get it.

It was great to see the whole family. And the cookies were good, too. I'm just grateful I made out with only a haircut.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters