DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, October 26, 2008

diaperReport: The Philadelphia Zoo

posted by Evan Jake at 8:18 PM

Wow, what a zoo! Today we made our very first trip to the Philadelphia Zoo, "America's First Zoo." Judging by the size of the crowds today, you'd think it was America's ONLY Zoo. You'd think they were giving out free Halloween candy or something. Oh, wait. They were!

It was a beautiful fall day in our new city. So we all piled into the biggie-van and headed downtown to the zoo. The only problem was that about 100,000 other families had the same exact idea. So after waiting in traffic for about an hour, we finally arrived at the zoo. It was totally worth the wait, though. I had a great time. I don't know about my sister, Sarah Gill. Since she was in the stroller with her shade up the whole time, I don't konw how much she was actually able to see. I think she slept most of the time anyway. Boy, did she miss out.

The Philadelphia Zoo has an amazing assembly of exhibits. The "big cats" area is awesome. I got to see lions and tigers and jaguars up close and personal. I wanted to pet them and give them a kiss. They were all outside enjoying the nice weather and looked friendly enough. In other parts of the zoo, there were penguins and ducks and bears and monkeys all outside playing, too.

But my favorite part was the elephants. That's me in the picture in front of the elephants. I had my little elephant friend with me -- he's known as "Baby Noam." Baby Noam normally sleeps with me at home, but today I took him to the zoo to meet his family. Baby Noam isn't nearly as big as those elephants and he's smells better, too.

There were lots of other exhibits at the zoo -- like the Treehouse, the aviary and the Reptile Farm -- that we didn't even get to see today. There's so much to do at this zoo that we'll have to go back again and again just to see it all. Baby Noam and I can't wait for our next visit!

Overall Rating: A Pacie

~:O

1 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Evan! What a wonderful day you had! Your cousins waited in line an hour and a half to see Snow White at Disney World. They also thought it was well worth the wait. Personally I would rather visit the animals, like you. I know your new Zoo is the greatest but next time you visit us you can go to our zoo again. This time be careful not to drop anything in the water!
Love, Nana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters