DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Send Her Back

posted by Evan Jake at 7:54 PM

That's me in the picture with my kid sister, Sarah Gill. I like Sarah Gill. She's really sweet and I can tell she totally looks up to me. But she's been hanging around here for the better part of five months, and I think it's time for her to go. Really, I think I've had enough. She needs to go.

Just this week I told Mommy that she needs to go back to the doctor and give Sarah Gill back to the hospital. Mommy just laughed and thought I was being cute and silly. I don't think she understands. She needs to give Sarah Gill back. For good.

Forget about how Sarah Gill is angling in on all my old toys. And forget about how I'm always being told to be quiet and not yell because Sarah Gill is sleeping. And nevermind the pink baby socks mixed in with my laundry. No, it's the fact that I can't spend more than 90 seconds alone with Mommy without being interrupted. Either Sarah Gill is crying. Or Sarah Gill needs to eat. Or Sarah Gill needs to go down for a nap. Or Sarah Gill needs to eat during her nap. Or Sarah Gill's clothes need to get washed. Or Sarah Gill needs new toys. Or Mommy needs to go shopping for Sarah Gill's diaper cream. Meanwhile, I'm left with some old Play-Doh and a dried out magic marker.

So, yeah. This is my house. I was here first. I'm not jealous. I'm simply claiming my birthright. Sarah Gill, you're out of luck, sister friend. Back you go. Nice knowing you!

~:O

2 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to Evan Jake and Sarah Gill

2 really cute kids.

sorry we will miss you this Thanksgiving, for it is off to California to see Hannah and Julia, your cute cousins. And their parents, Jay and Shelli.

Sorry to find out that your dad has been so busy with work and fixing that big house that he has not been helping you post up the blog ever day!

He must have some really important job!

Uncle Mickey

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Evan,

Papa and I have been thinking about it and we feel your pain. So we're offering you a special deal. We'll be glad to take Sarah Gill off your hands. It's pretty quiet here most of the time and since we're both retired we have time for a hobby. You can deliver her when you come for Thanksgiving and Mommy can brief us as to her care. That way your Mom and Dad can visit, one-at-a-time while the other stays back home to take care of you, and you won't have to bother with her annoying ways any longer! Someday, if you should begin to think she's old enough to be fun and a good friend, you would be welcome to take her back. I actually think she's pretty special, what with that baby smell, cute pudgie cheeks and adorable - yes, adorable - pink clothes. Mommy knows we'll take good care of her and I know she'll enjoy going out for Early-Bird Specials once she's on solid food. You let us know and we'll help you out. See you soon!
Love, Nana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters