DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Monday, October 16, 2006

EJX: Day After Day

posted by Evan Jake at 5:59 PM

This is the final installment of a multi-part series about life after ten months.

Day After Day
In ten short months, my life has changed quite a bit. Everyday seems to bring something new. But now there are a few routines I've come to rely on.

Recently I've discovered how nice it is to sleep through the entire night. For the past several weeks, ever since I got those wonderful overnight diapers, I've been putting in a solid 11 hours of sleep almost every night. After that much sleep, I wake up in the morning fully rested and refreshed. I wonder why mom and dad look so tired at 6:30 am. Maybe they're still getting up in the middle of the night to eat without me.

After getting up in the morning, I spend a little time with mom (and dad if he gets himself out of bed). Mom will put on one of my vidoes while I play and she gets ready. If dad comes in the room, he turns off my video and makes me watch the traffic report. The traffic news is boring, but I usually watch and hope for traffic jams. That means more time in the car and you know how much I love car rides.

I'm still going to daycare everyday. When mom takes me to daycare I cry as she leaves. I cry because I know it really gets to her. I want to feel just a little bit bad about leaving me. When dad drops me off, I don't fuss at all. I just pretend like I don't even see him leaving and that I won't miss him. I think it makes him feel really self-conscious that I don't really like him or anything. I do like my dad a little, but he doesn't need to know that.

Truth is, I have a great time at daycare. I have lots of baby friends. Some of them are walking and some of them just sit there. A bunch of nice ladies take care of me and I get to take at least one good nap a day there. I get to play with lots of toys, go outside and watch the big kids run around. The secret is, I often have more fun at daycare than I do just sitting at home. I like my weekends at home with mom and dad, but I miss my baby friends a little during the day.

When I get home after daycare, I 'm usually pretty tired. Mom and dad look pretty tired, too. That's me in the picture peeking in at dad to make sure he's not falling asleep on the sofa while he's supposed to be watching me.

Well, there dad goes, dozing off again. Gotta go cry and wake him up. I'll pretend that I fell down and bumped my tushy. I guess the baby's got to do everything around here. Gosh, I can't wait to see what the next ten months hold!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters