DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, September 24, 2006

At Least It's Not Red

posted by Evan Jake at 6:15 PM

I mentioned in my last post that I had a check-up with the doctor this week. Every milestone birthday of course comes with a chance to lie naked on a paper sheet and get poked with something sharp.

I got weighed and measured, as usual. It seems I'm not growing as fast as I had been. I guess my new diet and exercise plan has kept off some of that baby flab.

Speaking of diet, the doctor could tell exactly what foods I like. She could tell I really like carrots, squash and sweet potatoes. (Which is true. I love eating carrots. Eating carrots is my favorite activity, second only to car rides. I love car rides.)

That's me the in picture after eating some carrots and veggie puffs. As you can see, the food is all over my face and nose. Recently, someone asked why my nose looks orange in many of my pictures. Mom and dad thought maybe my food was staining my nose, just like it has stained my high chair, food bowls, bibs, clothes and the living room carpet. But in fact, the doctor could tell I like carrots because if you eat enough of them, they really do turn your nose orange! Gross!! Maybe I should cut back.

I guess it's a good thing I don't like eating peas. That really wouldn't be good for my complexion. Or mom and dad could feed me chocolate. Then I'd really look like a brown noser!

~:O

2 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger ... said...

... can't talk .... crying .... laughing ....

(that's one for the wedding speech)

x Jilly

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

That is too funny, I had no idea that could happen.

There are some days that Avery only eats orange food too now that I think about it.

Oh and you are still cute, no matter what color your little nose is :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters