DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Party for Me!

posted by Evan Jake at 6:23 PM

Last night, mom and dad had a whole bunch of friends over for dinner. They were all there to see me, of couse. Why else would they have come? It was some of mom and dad's friends from college. (I still can't believe dad went to college.) They all traveled to our house. I like traveling to visit people, because I love car rides. But last night, it was fun to have everyone else drive to me, for what was clearly a party in my honor.

I got to hear lots of funny stories about mom and dad from when they were younger. I hope they never embarrass me with stories like that. They all seemed to be having a lot of fun, though. I couldn't tell if they were making fun of each other, fighting or what. It was weird.

There was a big dinner and lots of laughing. I got to sit and watch a video while they all ate. I'm sure the music from my Baby Einstein video created a metropolitan ambiance for their gourmet meal. Earlier, I had gotten my own mushy food. Everyone looked at my food and got hungry. So mom cooked up a big meal for everyone. But when they all sat down, they must have been really disappointed that they didn't get my special mush. They all complimented mom and her good cooking, but I think they were just being polite. Secretly they were hoping they'd get their own portion of orange mush.

By the end of dinner, Dad looked like he'd had a bit too much wine. I wouldn't have let him push me in my stroller like that. Luckily he knows better than to drink and drive a stroller. Plus, I was tired and had to go to bed, even though everyone else stayed up way past 7pm.

Everyone there was also talking about diaperlogue and saying how much they love it. And how they knew everything they said and did would all show up on diaperlogue the next day. Well, here it is, the next day. I think I'll leave out the real details to protect the innocent. But something tells me I'm glad I went to bed when I did. There were probably some things talked about that I shouldn't be hearing. You know, "little things." But thanks for the new material, guys, and keep reading! It was great to see and meet you all. Come again soon!!

~:O

2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was SO great to meet you, Evan. You're a little quieter in person than you are on your blog, but you're definitely the coolest 8 1/2-month-old I know! Even though your dad had no idea what CBGB's is (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBGB) I hope you liked your gift. I look forward to being the "Cool Uncle Jason" who visits more often (no offense your Actual Uncle Jason or your Funny Uncle Jason).

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Josh said...

I have no illusions about being a Cool Uncle Anything. I'm not even sure I'm making an allusion to being a cool uncle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters