DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Barnegat Baby

posted by Evan Jake at 6:56 PM

Well, I'm back from my first trip to the Jersey Shore! Mom and dad piled me (and all my stuff) into the car -- I love car rides -- and drove the few hours to Long Beach Island.

Dad and his family have been going to LBI ever since he was a baby. So now it was my turn. And while I was there, I got the full LBI experience. I went for a swim in Manahawkin Bay. I dipped my toes in the ocean. I went out for ice cream (even though I wasn't allowed to eat any). I got my very own LBI T-shirt. And I got to watch a beautiful sunset. That's me in the first picture watching a sunset. The only thing I didn't do was play mini-golf. I guess I'm too mini even for mini-golf.

At first, it was really, really hot there. So to cool off, mom and dad took me for a dip in the bay. That's me in the second picture taking my first steps into the bay. It looks like dad is about to push me in with all my clothes on, but later I did get to go in all the way with my swimming trunks.

The water in the bay was really warm and kind of smelled funny. I liked the taste of the water, though. But the bay beach was nothing compared to the big ocean beach. So much sand! And those waves were really, really big!! I just liked to stand on the beach and look at the water. Dad took me down to the very edge and let me put my toes in. I sat with dad and splashed for a few minutes. Luckily there were two lifeguards there to rescue dad in case he got into trouble. When we were finished, I had lots of sand in my diaper.

My bubbe and pop-pop were at LBI, too. We were all staying in the same house. That's me in the next picture hanging out on the front porch. I hope bubbe and pop-pop didn't mind all my toys and chairs filling up the living room. I especially think they liked watching my video, Baby Einstein: A Day on the Farm, over and over again. I bet they put in on their Netflix queue when they got home.

Then bubbe and pop-pop left LBI, leaving the three of us to celebrate mom and dad's fifth wedding anniversary. I had no idea mom and dad were married so long. What were they doing all that time? Well, happy anniversary, mom and dad! You had a good four plus years together!! Now you're mine!!!

The weather finally did cool off and everyone got to relax. Mom did jigsaw puzzles and dad took lots of photos. Dad wanted me to share this last picture of a sunset with you. No, I'm not in this picture so don't try looking for me. I'm not there. In fact, I didn't get to see this sunset because I went to sleep early after a long day in the ocean.

At the end of the vacation mom and dad put all my stuff back into the car for the drive for home. They didn't pack nearly as neatly this time, as I watched them just shove everything back into the car.

But the adventure wasn't over just yet. On the way home, dad made a wrong turn and almost took us to Atlantic City. Dad should stay away from there. He'll lose my college tuition. Then, after turning around, dad's car started making this awful noise. He didn't know what it was and he started to get kind of freaked out. So mom called her dad because Papa knows a lot about cars. Dad should learn to take better care of his car if he's going to be driving me around! Turns out it was just a brake pad going bad. (Just a brake pad? Aren't those important?)

Luckily, we made it home safe and sound. I had fun at the shore, but I was also really happy to be home. You should have heard me squeal when I saw all my toys again!

~:O

2 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Little Evan,

How much fun it is to read your blog! I am glad you had such a fantastic vacation with your bubbe and pop-pop. It sounds like quite an adventure. And your Daddy took such beautiful pictures.

Just as your mom called Papa for "car" advice Nana was emailing you a notice that we were buying a new house in a few days. And the great thing is that we will be so close to you that we can visit more often now. In fact you will be visiting us at Thanksgiving - all the little cousins will - all seven of you! You will meet cousins you haven't met yet. What fun you'll have!

We're glad you'll be close Little Evan. It's hard when Nanas and Papas and Bubbes and Pop-pops and Grammys and GrandBobs and Grandmas and Grandpas don't get to see their little Grandchildren very often - because you are so special and little for such a short time.

LOL
Nana and Papa

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Wow, quite a trip! Sounds like a lot of fun for everyone!
I love the pictures, especially the one watching the sunset, it is beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters