DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Monday, August 14, 2006

Eight (8) Months

posted by Evan Jake at 3:40 PM

Mom and dad tried to capture this momentous day by fitting me for a pair of cement shoes!

Those are my footprints in the picture. Dad mixed up some special cement, poured it into a pie tray and then stuck my feet in. It's not exactly ready for the front walkway of the Chinese Theatre, but It will be interesting to look back on in a few years.

At first, mom and dad tried to put my hands in the cement, but all I wanted to do was pick up handfuls of it. If they had just told me what they were trying to do, maybe I would have cooperated more. I'm not as clueless as you think!

I got another surprise for my 8-month birthday, too. It was a car ride. I love car rides.

After a short ride, we got out of the car and went into this little building. There was a big room full of toys and other kids. I should learn that seeing lots of toys and other kids is never a good sign. It either means I'm at day care or at a doctor's office. Well, today, it was a doctor's office.

This was a doctor I'd never seen before. He was something called an allergist. I guess because he has allergies. It's a good thing he's not allergic to cute, or he wouldn't have come anywhere near me!

It seems when I was really little, I had some skin and allergy problems. That's why I now drink that special expensive formula. Since dad is so cheap and doesn't want to give me the good formula anymore, mom and dad took me to this special doctor to get tested.

First mom and dad told the doctor about how I used to cry a lot. Then they went on to describe my BMs in lots of detail. Is nothing off-limits?

The doctor was very nice. He gave me kisses and said how cute I was. Well, duh. The doctor then took me into a tiny room and put little drops of food all over my arms. When he was done, I smelled like the Ethnic food aisle at Wegmans. Usually, mom is trying to clean food off me. This guy was putting it on!

Apparently, he put some fish, nuts and soy on my arm. Just a little bit of lemon juice and garlic and I'd be ready for the fry pan!

After a few minutes, the doctor checked back to see if I was ready to eat. Luckily, I didn't show any allergies. And he let me mom and dad take me home. I guess now I'll start getting the cheaper formula. Actually, it tastes better than the stuff I get now, so I'm not going to complain. And I'll probably get to start tasting more new foods soon.

After the tests, mom and dad still don't know what made me cry so much those first few months. Maybe my tummy just wasn't grown up enough. Maybe I was just being difficult. Either way, I'm feeling much better now!

~:O

2 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

I LOVE the foot prints! I may have to try that, good to know that the hands didn't work out too well...
Happy 8 months Evan!!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Wow, the big .666667!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters