DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Chip off the Old What?

posted by Evan Jake at 4:16 PM

I mentioned that when I went with mom and dad to the pediatrician last week that we had to wait a really long time for the doctor. Well, not only did I have to wait naked in that little room for the doctor, I had to wait in a whole other room first!

When we first got to the doctor's office, the big waiting room was full of people. Mom went and got me checked in while dad sat with me. It took mom forever to get me checked in. Dad and I sat and watched all the people coming and going. Luckily I didn't have to be naked when I waited in this room -- it was packed with people and it was chilly.

It was also really, really noisy. There were lots of kids running around and screaming. The other parents didn't seem to mind. Whenever I start to cry, mom or dad sush me and rock me back and forth. (If I scream a whole lot, mom and dad take me on a car ride, because I love car rides!) However, when these other kids were screaming and yelling, their parents didn't seem to care at all. But my dad did. As it got louder and louder, I could see dad rubbing his forehead and getting really stressed. Me, I wasn't bothered by it at all. In fact, I kind of liked the chaos.

What I also noticed by watching all the people was how you can tell exactly which parent belongs to each kid. Like there was this tall skinny girl with short red hair, and her mom was tall and skinny with short red hair, too! There was a little baby boy with lots of crazy blonde hair being carried by his dad, who also had lots of straggly blonde hair. It was kind of interesting. Then I looked up at dad and realized what this meant. He was still all stressed looking and biting his lip. Oh, Lord, help me.

~:O

1 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evan---You don't know me 'cuz I live way across the US in California. We're not really related, but here goes...my daughter is married to your Dad's cousin, Jay. (That wasn't so hard to 'splain!)I've been reading your blog and one of your entries dealt with the old folks (You know...Grandma & Grandpa) Just a word to help you make the most of having grandparents: Remember, there's almost NOTHING they won't do for you, so keep in mind when Mom & Dad fail to get you something or actually appear weary...just focus those eyes (I voted for blue)right on Gram & Gramps. It's in the bag! Lucky you! Oh...and milk the "Grandbaby" thing. Have fun!--- from cousin Julia's Grammy Kate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters