DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Friday, November 10, 2006

Make Mine a Double

posted by Evan Jake at 3:30 PM

Ouch. My ears hurt. That's because I have two ear infections.

I've never had an ear infection before, let alone two. How many ear infections can you have at once anyway?

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night in a pretty foul mood. Mom and dad tried everything to soothe me, but little seemed to work. Dad thought maybe it was my teeth. I do have a brand new tooth on the bottom of my mouth, and another one about to break through on the other side. But that wasn't it.

Mom and dad didn't seem to know what to do with me. I guess a car ride was out of the question (I love car rides). So I got some of that tasty purple medicine and I was able to fall asleep for the rest of the night.

This morning, I woke up a bit cranky. So did mom. Mom took me to daycare at the usual time. I was doing okay until nap time when I woke up all hot and sweaty. The ladies at daycare called mom to come pick me up because they thought I had a fever.

I guess mom had had enough of me last night because dad came to pick me up instead. Dad took me to see the doctor lady.

The doctor looked in my ears and gave me some medicine. The medicine is supposed to make me feel better in a day or so. She said I'd be better by Monday, in time to go back to daycare. Just great.

~:O

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Oh no! So sad to hear that you are suffering Evan. Hopefully the meds will kick in fast and you can get back to normal. Even if that means back to daycare...
We haven't had to face ear infections yet, thankfully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters